Summer Saver is a no-cost, energy-saving program that helps SDGE manage electricity demand during warmer months.
How it Works
SDGE installs a Summer Saver device on your central air conditioning unit at no cost. On select summer days, when electricity is at its peak, they activate the Summer Saver device to cycle your central air conditioner “on and off” for a few hours. In return, you receive a credit on your SDG&E bill. Summer Saver is only used May through October. It may be used as little as one or two days, but will never be used more than 15 days.
- Receive up to a $46 annual bill credit (Monday – Sunday, excluding holidays).
- Your air conditioning run-time is reduced by 50 percent of the hour previous to the conservation period.
- Receive up to a $152 annual bill credit for each A/C (Monday – Sunday, excluding holidays).
- Your air conditioning is turned off for the duration of the conservation period.
- A good choice for those who desire the hightest energy reduction, maximum bill credit, and can tolerate warmer temperatures during the conservation period.
Click HERE for more info.