City of San Diego Public Utilities residential customers that are served by an individual water meter can receive a cash-back rebate when purchasing and installing a rain barrel and connecting it to the home’s rain gutter downspout. Rebates will be distributed on a first-come, first served basis and funding is limited.
- Read through the program guidelines (PDF) and get an application (PDF).
- Take pre-installation photos.
- Purchase and install rain barrel(s).
- Take post-installation photos.
- Send in completed and signed application, sales receipts and photos.
- Receive a rebate.
Rebate Level & Program Requirements
- Rebate is $0.50 for every gallon of rain barrel storage capacity, up to 400 gallons and $200.00. Minimum rain barrel size is 50 gallons. Multiple barrels are ok.
- Participants must refer to guidelines (PDF) for program requirements and parameters.